Representation in Indian Courts

Family law matters

  • Cross border matrimonial issues
  • Marriages in India are generally subject to the Hindu Marriage Act, the Anand Marriage Act, the Special Marriage Act or the Muslim personal laws. When an Indian citizen marries an non-citizen, or when a couple that married whilst in India move out of India, their matrimonial disputes can result in a conflict of laws situation.
  • Marriages and matrimonial disputes generally follow either the place where the marriage was performed or the place where the couple reside or resided.
  • In the case of Non-Resident Indians or persons of Indian origin, selecting the appropriate venue for divorce, maintenance or children contact issues can be contentious and has serious implications in terms of outcome and enforcement of judgments in the other countries.
  • We can assist with advising you on selecting the most appropriate jurisdiction for your matrimonial issues.
  • We also provide specialist and expert advice to you, and to courts on the enforcement of judgments in foreign jurisdictions.

Get in touch with our multi-lingual solicitors in London

For many years the multi-lingual law firm of Lovell Chohan Solicitors have served the London boroughs of Slough, Windsor, Eton, Hounslow, Mayfair, Twickenham, Richmond & Chiswick. If you have questions regarding India Law Statutes, visit us at our offices in HounslowSlough & Twickenham