Food Hygiene & Food Standards Agency
We deal with all aspects of the Food Safety and General Food Hygiene Regulations dealing with both advise and defending possible breaches and potential prosecutions by the Local Authority and the food standards agency. In particular we cover the following area of law:
As a proprietor/ business owner of a food business you must:
- Make sure food is supplied or sold in a hygienic way;
- Identify food safety hazards;
- Know which steps in your activities are critical for food safety;
- Ensure safety controls are in place, maintained and reviewed.
- Be clean and maintained in good repair;
- Be designed and constructed to permit good hygiene practices;
- Have an adequate supply of portable (drinking) water;
- Have suitable controls in place to protect against pests;
- Have adequate natural and/or artificial lighting;
- Have sufficient natural and/or mechanical ventilation;
- Provide clean lavatories which do not lead directly into food rooms;
- Have adequate hand-washing facilities;
- Be provided with adequate drainage.
You must provide rooms where food is prepared or otherwise treated or handled and or processed should have easy clean surfaces and capable of being disinfected. An example of this could be stainless steel wall to floor covering. Such rooms should also have adequate facilities for washing food and equipment and adequate facilities for the storage and removal of food waste.
Please speak to the senior partner if you need assistance or advice in relation to the above or the food standards agency.