Health and Safety Solicitors
At Lovell Chohan Solicitors we are aware of the whole range of issues which need to be taken into account for any particular business, and constantly follow not only new legislation, but forthcoming developments.
The Corporate Manslaughter and Corporate Homicide Act 2007
The Corporate Manslaughter and Corporate Homicide Act 2007 came into effect on 6th April 2008. This is one of the more recent and serious developments in the constantly changing Health and Safety arena. Directors and business owners can face fines and even imprisonment if they fail to adequately protect their workers. So it is absolutely imperative that they keep up to date with the legislation and any requirements in their own business.
We work with clients of all sizes, which gives us a full spectrum approach. Our primary aim is to help you avoid costly litigation which can also tarnish the image of your company, but if matters progress to court then we have the expertise to defend you with the assistance of specialist Counsel. As an employer you have a legal responsibility to protect the health and safety of your staff and other people, such as customers and members of the public who may be affected by their work.
In general, employers must:
- Make the workplace safe and eliminate or control risks to health;
- Ensure plant and machinery are safe and that safe systems of work are set and followed;
- Ensure articles and substances are moved, stored and used safely;
- Provide adequate welfare facilities;
- Give workers the information, instruction, training and supervision necessary for their health and safety;
- Consult workers on health and safety matters
Get in touch with our specialist solicitors in London
For many years Lovell Chohan Solicitors have served the London boroughs of Slough, Windsor, Eton, Hounslow, Mayfair, Twickenham, Richmond & Chiswick. For legal advice on health and safety, visit us at our offices in Hounslow, Slough & Twickenham