LAA Experts And Service Provider Rates
Rates for certain types of expert set to change under 2013 remuneration regulations
New maximum rates for certain types of expert are to be introduced from 1 April 2013.
The changes apply to work carried out by experts in all civil, family and crime work with a case start date or representation order date of on or after 1 April 2013.
The rate changes are being made under the:
- Civil Legal Aid (Remuneration) Regulations 2013
- Criminal Legal Aid (Remuneration) Regulations 2013
Maximum rates for experts have been in place since October 2011.
But the 2013 Remuneration Regulations will introduce changes to some of the rates from April 2013, including:
- removing the London/non-London rate differentials for many of the expert types
- introducing a new higher rate for surveyors working in housing disrepair matters
The existing rates will continue to apply to cases started after 3 October 2011 but before 1 April 2013.
These rates were introduced under the:
- Community Legal Service (Funding) (Amendment No2) Order 2011
- Criminal Defence Service (Funding) (Amendment) Order 2011
Further information Click On A Link Below