- Hounslow 020 8814 7599
- Slough 01753 303 631
- Twickenham 020 8814 9989
Online Conveyancing Quote
This calculator will give you an instant estimate of the costs in relation to your property transaction.
Residential Conveyancing Pricing
Most people believe that buying or selling your home is one of the most stressful events in your life. At Lovell Chohan Solicitors we do not agree and by entrusting your move to one of our experienced qualified staff means that every effort will be made to ensure that this is the case. We know how important it is that you are kept informed at every stage and that assistance is provided in resolving any problems that may occur.
The table below illustrates our price structure. Please note, these are indicative prices and the actual cost of your transaction will be sent to you in writing prior to the commencement of your matter.
Sale or Purchase only
Price with 20% VAT
Up to £150,000
£150,001 - £200,000
£200,001 - £700,000
£700,001 - £999,999
£1m and over
Price on application
Additional Costs Where Applicable
Price with 20% VAT
Acting for Lender
£150 - £250
£180 - £300
Filing Stamp Duty Land Tax Return
CHAPs / TT Telegraphic Transfer (each)
ID and AML Check (each)
Help to Buy ISA
Dealing with Share of Freehold
Dealing with Right to Buy
New Build Property
Dealing with Islamic Mortgage
Bridging Loans / Finance
|£1750 - £2500||£2100 - £3000|
Complying with a Court Order
Redemption of Additional Charges
Price with 20% VAT
Mortgage / Re-mortgage
Transfer of Equity
Transfer of Equity & Re-mortgage
(Third Party Costs / fees)
Stamp Duty or Land Tax
Land Registry Fee
Our experienced team of conveyancing lawyers are an accredited member of the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme - the mark of excellence for the home buying process. Farhana Choudhary is head of department. You can find her details by clicking HERE.
The table below sets out the hourly rates that will be charged for protracted or complex matters. Again you will be advised in writing when such charges may apply.
£220 to £250
£200 to £220
Solicitors/Chartered Legal Executives
£185 to £200
Trainee Legal Executives/Paralegals
£145 to £235
Trainees & Support
£135 to £150
We now refer to disbursements incurred in residential conveyancing transactions. These are third party charges, which you are responsible for. We set out below a non exhaustive list of the usual disbursements incurred in residential property transactions (at the prevailing rate):-
- Pre-contract search package (to include Official Local Authority Search, Environmental Search, Water & Drainage Search, No Search Chancel Indemnity): approximately £375.00 (depending upon the relevant local authority)
- Title Register from H M Land Registry: £3.90
- Title Plan from H M Land Registry: £3.90
- Official Copy of Lease: £3.90
- Land Registry Fee for Unilateral Notice (recommended for newbuilds where a completion date is not fixed): £20.00
- H M Land Registry Priority Search: £3.90
- H M Land Registry Bankruptcy Search: £2.90
- H M Land Registry Search of the Index Map: £4.90
- Company Search: approximately £37.00
- Land Registry Fee for Registration: varies between £20.00 - £550.00 depending upon the property value and type of transaction
- Stamp Duty Land Tax: varies depending upon your circumstances and details of the property; see separate section below
- Fee for electronic submission of Application to Register your transaction: £3.60
- Fee for electronic submission of Stamp Duty Land Tax return: £3.60
- Freeholder’s/ Managing Agents’/ Management Company Fees for providing a Leasehold Information Pack: varies between £250.00 plus VAT - £1,000.00 plus VAT depending upon the Freeholder/ Managing Agent/ Management Company
- Freeholder’s/ Managing Agents’/ Management Company Fees for receipting a Notice of Transfer: varies between £50.00 plus VAT - £150.00 plus VAT per notice
Please note the prices quoted above are correct at the time of writing, though they may be subject to change at the prevailing rate.
Stamp Duty Land Tax
As referred to above, stamp duty liability varies for each transaction and is dependent upon your personal circumstances and the property value and type. We set out below the varying rates for stamp duty at the time of writing:-
- Stamp Duty First Time Buyers
These rates apply if this is your first purchase of a property in the UK or abroad at the date of completion and you intend to live in this property and the property is being purchased for £500,000.00 or less
Up to £300,000 Zero
£300,001 to £500,000 5%
- Stamp Duty Only Property
These rates apply if this is your only property in the UK or abroad at the date of completion but you are not a first time buyer
Up to £125,000 Zero
£125,001 to £250,000 2%
£250,001 to £925,000 5%
- Stamp Duty Second Property & Company Purchase
These rates apply if this is a second property in the UK or Abroad at the time of completion
Up to £125,000 3%
£125,001 to £250,000 5%
£250,001 to £925,000 8%
Here are some examples of costs for five different scenarios:
Example price 1: Purchase of a freehold new build residential property for joint owners (first time buyers) costing £299,000.
Example price 2: Sale of a freehold residential property for joint owners costing £299,000.
Example Price 3: Purchase of a leasehold residential property for joint owners costing £350,000.
Example price 4: Sale of a leasehold residential property for joint owners costing £350,000.
Example Price 5: Re-mortgage of a freehold residential property for joint owners costing £350,000.