A commercial tenancy or lease is a contract between a landlord and a business that is usually in place for a number of years.
The term business lease is often associated with a premises being used for commercial or business purposes by the person renting it out. The premises are varied and can involve sections of a building or a building as a whole or even open land used for purposes such as a temporary car park. This kind of “business lease” however does not involve farming or agriculture, as there are separate rules and duties in that instance that will apply.
At Lovell Chohan we can assist with problems such as:
- Landlord's covenants
- Landlord's continuing liability
- Repairing liability
- Tenant's continuing liability
- Collection of unpaid rents and charges
- Recovery of service charges
- Recovery of possession
- Removal of unauthorised occupants
- Rent reviews/rent arrears
- Schedules of dilapidations